MONDAY, AUG. 19
Planning Board: 7 p.m., Memorial Hall.
THURSDAY, AUG. 22
Band concert: Town Common. Lawn party starts at 6:30 p.m.; concert begins at 7:30 p.m.
Townsend is seeking individuals interested in filling vacancies on the Planning Board, Housing Authority and Energy Committee. Interested candidates should contact the selectmen's office.
Townsend Fire/EMS Department is looking for candidates interested in serving as on-call firefighters and/or emergency medical technicians. Interested candidates should contact Townsend Fire/EMS.
Townsend Ecumenical Outreach
Townsend Ecumenical Outreach (TEO) is a nonprofit, all volunteer organization that was established and has been a part of Townsend's community since 1984. Our purpose is to provide emergency and temporary assistance to Townsend residents that are in need of a helping hand.
Assistance is provided through the many programs that our organization offers. As the needs of our residents have grown, so have our programs.
* Monthly food distributions: Qualification required. For details or application, contact Laurie at 978-597-2549 or Don at 978-597-5527.
* A free clothing exchange for Townsend and surrounding communities. Hours: Tuesday, 10-11:30 a.m., Weds., 4:30-7 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. to noon (closed holidays.)
* Short term aid -- fuel and financial assistance
* Response to dwelling fires -- provision of emergency short-term aid to fire victims
* Thanksgiving and Christmas food baskets
* Christmas tree lighting on the common
* Christmas gifts for the children
* Back to school supplies for the children
* Back to school shoe certificates for the children
* Provide referrals to other social service agencies
Need information? Call Gary at 978-394-4358 or Don at 978-597-5527.
Want to help? Send donations to:
82 Bayberry Hill Road, West Townsend, 01474
P.O. Box 867, Townsend, 01469