SHIRLEY -- The Friends of the Hazen Memorial Library will hold the 9th annual Holiday Fair at the library on Saturday, Nov. 3, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The Fair is the Friends' biggest fundraiser of the year. Admission is free. All of the money raised allows the Friends to sponsor library programs and purchase museum passes.
The following vendors are participating, including new crafters and home party companies. More products may yet be added; check our website at www.shirleylibrary.org for updates.
· Bethany Bee Apiary: Local honey and homemade beeswax skin care and home products. Candles, votives, gift baskets, favors and gift ideas. Always pure and natural, from the hive to your home.
* Karon's Kozies will keep you warm all winter with cozy blankets in many sizes, patterns and colors, for little kids to the big kid in all of us.
* Silpada Designs: See the difference in their .925 sterling silver jewelry. Six to eight artisans create each piece, making the jewelry true works of art. You will find must-haves, statement pieces and everyday glamour.
* Alpaca Artwear: Genuine handmade, free-trade alpaca garments, hats, scarves, yarns and home necessities.
* Barefoot Books has carefully crafted children's books, children's CDs and children's gifts that spark imagination, exploration, and creativity.
* The Pampered Chef makes working in the kitchen a breeze with their gourmet kitchen
* Mary Kay: A trusted global name in skin care, makeup and body care. The latest in beauty advice and makeup trends.
* Dip Delights: Gourmet dip mixes and cheese balls, unique seasoning blends, chowders, chili, breads and desserts, sweet sauces, savory sauces, and personalized gourmet gifts.
* Falling Leaves Farm: Handspun yarn, knitted, crocheted, wet- and needle-felted items.
* Tupperware: Classic food preparation, storage, serving and other quality kitchen items.
* Bags by Leslie: handcrafted quilted bags and totes, suitable for every day or something special.
The Holiday Fair is your chance to purchase artisan wares, home essentials and unique gift items, plus the opportunity to take home a holiday inspired tin filled with your choice of over 900 homemade cookies, generously baked by over 40 local residents. For just $10, (same price as last year) fill the 2-pound cookie "tin" with as many goodies as you can fit! No need to bake for the holidays! For best selection, we recommend you visit the cookie table early. All items ordered at the fair will be delivered in time for your holiday giving.
The Friends will hold a silent auction during the fair for the following items:
* a 2-by-3-foot handmade crocheted rag rug in beautiful shades of blue, (made and donated to the Friends by Leone Noddin)
* a town of Shirley blanket depicting our historic town buildings, in shades of green and tan, (donated by Judy Stanislaw)
Minimum bids will be established, with items going to the highest bidder. Winners will be announced at the end of the day.
The Hazen Memorial Library is located at 3 Keady Way, Shirley. For information contact the library at 978-425-2620.