* Pepperell Planning Board member (five-year-term expires 2015).
* Planning Administrator (Shirley) 2007 to present.
* Master Plan Committee chairman -- town of Shirley.
* Notary Public (25-plus years).
* Member of MACC (Massachusetts Association Conservation Commissioners).
* Certified Conservation Commissioner (MACC).
* Certified Planning Administrator (CPTC).
* Paralegal -- Northeastern University (25-plus years).
* Catechist -- St. Joseph's (O.L.O.G.) three years.
* Pepperell resident for 17 years.
Experience includes 25 years of management, organization, hiring, supervising and training. I am detail-oriented, community-involved and knowledgeable with Massachusetts General Laws, municipal laws, town by-laws, zoning by-laws, subdivision rules and regulations, as well as Open Meeting Laws, and many more laws applicable to municipal government.
I am cognizant of state mandates, posting of notices of meetings and hearings, agendas, minutes, grant-writing, special permit decision-writing, writing policy and procedure manuals and zoning and bylaw article preparation. Also, municipal accounting, preparing bonds for subdivisions, spreadsheet updates for bonds, warrant articles, GIS mapping, state databases, land use databases, dog license databases, conservation databases, legal databases, Massachusetts land records, several software programs as well as computer and website maintenance. Additionally, email records, oaths, depositions, ethics training, special town meetings, annual town meetings and elections.
I fully understand the importance of maintaining the rural character of Pepperell, importance of encouraging residents to serve in the community and communicating with town boards, committees, residents, attorneys, engineers, and developers, annual reports, annual budgets, accounting and more.
I am happy to speak with any and all residents with regards to my qualifications. Please do not hesitate to contact me at 978-433-8034 or email@example.com.
I would appreciate your vote. The election is on April 28, 2014 at the Varnum Brook Elementary School.
I am the only candidate with municipal experience.