This is a thank you, at large, to the Harvard community. What started as a beautiful day eventually turned into a torrential downpour 90 minutes into the PTO Fun Fair. This is when the true Harvard community emerged. Within minutes, the community members helped relocate the Fun Fair -- games, food, raffles, prizes -- from the Pond Road field into The Bromfield school.
The Fun Fair was a six-hour setup, and was picked up, and relocated into Bromfield in less than 30 minutes! This only happened because Harvard came together and worked as a team. Due to these efforts, the Fun Fair was still a success.
The immediate response of these volunteers to help wherever needed was overwhelming, and a testament to their goodness. Also, the parents who stayed and waited, during the massive shift, thank you for your patience. You make this event successful, so thanks for staying while our rain plan was quickly put into effect.
The Fun Fair crew gave a tireless effort: Robin Foley, food; Maureen Hopper, prizes; Diane Bishop, games; Alison Flanagan, tickets; Betsy Kehoe, raffle. This is a huge event that involves months of detailed planning. Thank you.
In addition to the above, the following deserve thanks:
* Event sponsors Sorrento's Pizza and Sunny D (Veryfine) and 2012/13 Platinum Business Partner, ISS Printing in Shirley.
* Market Basket, Staples, Donelan's Supermarket; Meat Again Westford; Carlson Orchards; Bolton Orchards; BJs; and Martha Mayd It of Manchester, NH
* The Lion's Club for generously supplying tents, tables, and barrels.
* The DPW, school administration and maintenance for assistance before & during the event
* Community members who donated their time, tables, donations, and generators.
Fun Fair Chair, Harvard