GROTON -- Fourth time's a charm, especially when it includes the historical charms of a summer Saturday evening in picturesque Groton.
The Groton Summer Concert Series returns for its fourth year, as Main Street Cafe, with cooperation from the Groton Parks Commission, announces the summer 2013 lineup.
* July 6: Gary Wilson Blues Project; hard-hitting blues. Enough said!
* July 13: Very original trio Trusting Fate; energetic Folk/Rock.
* July 20: That 70's show with Back to the Garden, Elizabeth Lorrey & The Rafters
* July 27: Groton's own Blue Taxi; groove jazz, blues, Latin, and funk
* Aug. 3: The Rafters & Elizabeth Lorrey; original local indie recording artists.
* Aug. 10: Main Street Cafe's open mic hosts GS Picard and Marc Feldman bring an amazing group of eclectic talented performers.
* Aug. 17: Folk/Rock /Jazz/ & Blues with Patty Axford Trio; special guest Marty Nester
* Aug. 24: Becky & the Hitmen! Popular covers shot straight from the hip!
* Aug. 31: Snow Crow! Groton's own "Earth Sol" music with the feel of the Grateful Dead
Presented each Saturday from July 6 through Aug. 31, the live music shows will be held at the bucolic Town Gazebo behind the Groton Public Library at 99 Main St. (Route 119). Featuring well-accomplished, local musicians, shows are free and will run from 6-8 p.m.
Families are invited to attend the all-age shows. The Town Gazebo is located right next to the library's playground, so parents can enjoy live music while the kids play. "A warm summer evening concert is a great way to spend time with the family and enjoy an old time small town setting," says Main Street Cafe co-owner Bob Wright.
The musicians have volunteer their time and talent, while Main Street Café produces the shows. All concerts are weather permitting. Performers are subject to change. For the most up-to-date information, visit http://www.mscgroton.com.