HARVARD -- Fruitlands Museum invites middle school and high school-aged students to submit two-dimensional or three-dimensional artwork for a juried exhibition at Fruitlands in Harvard, which will be held from Jan. 11 through March 30, 2014.
Celebrating the artistic traditions and landscape of New England, the student exhibition will consist of two and three-dimensional artwork inspired by historic folk art, portraits and landscape paintings. Works will be selected based on the composition's quality and originality as it relates to these art forms.
Approximately seventy-five (75) pieces will be selected and featured in the exhibit in the Fruitlands Museum Art Gallery. All students whose artwork is selected will receive a certificate of recognition and a complimentary pass to the exhibition.
December 1, 2013 -- Deadline for submissions
January 11, 2014 -- Exhibition opening reception
March 30, 2014 -- Award ceremony
Selection: The museum exhibit committee will select approximately 75 works based on quality and originality as they relate to the diverse landscape and art of New England. All works are subject to approval by the museum and other agencies as appropriate.
* 2D artwork is limited to 22 inches by 28 inches
* 3D artwork is limited to 24 inches by 24 inches by 24 inches and smaller
* Dried foliage and live plant
Awards: Members of the general public will be invited to vote for their favorite pieces during public hours of the exhibition. Prizes will be awarded to the five students at the middle school level and high school level with the greatest number of votes at the end of the exhibition period. An awards ceremony will be held on Sunday, March 30, 2014.
Three Recognition Awards will be granted:
* First-place: $200 cash prize, Fruitlands Museum Family Membership
* Second-place: $100 cash prize, Fruitlands Museum Family Membership
* Third-place: $50 cash prize, Fruitlands Museum Family Membership
* Honorable Mention (2 per age category): Certificate of Recognition, $25 gift card